Donnerstag, 13. März 2014

Veggie Fond - self made

Hi all,

today I want to share my receipt for a veggie fond with you. As I cook a lot of soups I use a lot of veggie fond. But I don't like the powder or cubes you can buy and the veggie fond you can buy is quiet expensive.
So I decided to make it myself.

Basically you can use all different kind of veggies. Just what you can get cheep at the period of the year.
I used the following:


  • 1 chili
  • a mix of 3 different onions
  • 1 big carrot
  • 1 big fennel
  • 1 celery
  • 1 bunch of parsley
  • 3-4 l water
  • eventually pepper and salt
I chopped everything and put it in a pot and cooked it everything together for about 1 hr. You will see that the water gets a little bit less. Put everything through a sieve.
I filled in hot twist off glasses and there I can keep it a few weeks.


Let me know what kind of veggies you use.
Many greetings,
Susann

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen