Donnerstag, 27. März 2014

Soup of the week: Leek Soup

Hi all,

now that I have a new blender I can make fantastic soups again. So I thought I would reuse the category "Soup of the week" again.
I might not add a soup every week but liked the title so I will keep it like this.

And guess what? For my first soup I don't even need a blender :) I made a fantastic leek-cheese soup with croutons from spelt bread.
I love to use leek especially in the colder period of the year. I have the feeling it adds extra energy to the food and I just love the taste of it.

Here is what you need:


  • 600g leek
  • 4 spoons of butter
  • 1 big spoon of flour
  • 100ml dry white wine
  • 1l veggie fond (find here the self made receipt)
  • 80g grates cheese
  • 100 cooking creme
  • salt, pepper and nutmeg
  • 2-3 slices of bread (in my case - spelt bread)
How you do it:

Clean the leek and cut slices. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the leek for a few minutes. Sprinkle the flour over it and mix it with the white wine. Add the veggie fond and let it cook for about 5 min. Add the cheese and the cooking creme and let it cook again for 5 min until the cheese is molten. 
Spice it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

For the croutons:
Cut the bread into small cubes and fry them in a pan with some butter. Add some salt and pepper or garlic. Fry them until they are crunchy but what out, they can burn very fast.

Put the croutons on top of every plate of soup.





I hope you will enjoy it.
Many greetings,
Susann

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen