Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013

Soup of the Week - Sweet Potato Soup with Cauliflower

Hi all,

it is getting colder outside and what is better than a nice bowl of fresh warm soup? As I love to make soups and I have already tried a lot of them I want to share my receipts with you. And therefore I planned a Soup-of-the-week-post every weekend. I hope you like this plan and you can find some ideas for yourself here.

This week I want to start with a sweet potato soup. This receipt isn't in my receipt book for very long but I loved it! The soup is super tasty and the cauliflower gives it a good bite.

Here is what you need:
  • 3 sweet potatoes
  • 1 cauliflower
  • 1-2 onions
  • garlic
  • water
  • cooking cream 
  • oil, pepper, salt




Peel the onion, garlic and sweet potato and chop everything.
Put some oil in a pot and bake first the onion and garlic until it is a little golden and add the sweet potato. Bake everything for 1-2 minutes and then cover it with water. I usually use 1- 1,5 liter of water so that everything is just covered.
Let it cook until the potatoes are very soft. 
In the meanwhile wash the cauliflower and put everything in an oven dish. Mix it with oil, salt and pepper and put it in to oven (160 - 180°C) for about 20 - 30 min. Make sure you stir it from time to time.
As soon as the potatoes are very soft use a hand blender to mix everything to a nice soup. Add the cooking creme and the cauliflower when ready.








Next Weekend a new suggestion, make sure you step by.
Many greetings,
Susann

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen